background

Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chicken Pot Pie

I just started a new job at a Early Learning Center in Columbus that I am super excited about! Except I don't get off until 6:00, so it's sorta hard to cook something and it be ready before 9:00. So Sunday afternoon I put together everything I needed to make chicken pot pie and left my husband the directions on the counter with the ingredients he needed to make the crust and just pour it over the filling so he could put it in the oven when he got home. It was absolutely delicious!!  I borrowed this recipe from Paula Deen (so you know that makes it even better)! 


Ingredients:


1 1/2 cups of instant biscuit mix ( I used Jiffy)
1 cup milk
1 stick melted butter 
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups chopped chicken breast. ( I only used one chicken breast, and I just boiled it Sunday afternoon)
2 hard boiled eggs ( I left this out)
1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
1/2 cup frozen green peas
salt and pepper


* Instead of the 1/2 cup of carrots and peas I simply used a frozen vegetable mixture of green beans, carrots, peas, and corn. 


Directions:


Grease 2-quart casserole dish.
Layer chicken, eggs, and vegetables.
Mix together soup and chicken broth and season with salt and pepper.
Pour over layers.
Stir together biscuit mix and milk and pour over casserole.
Drizzle butter over topping. Bake until topping is golden brown. 


Enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment