background

Pages

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Southwestern Chicken




Our church is in a cheerleading gym, so we have to tear down everything we use each week. So Sunday is always a busy busy morning and by the time we get home and I cook something it may be 2:00. So yesterday i decided I was going to use my crock pot for the first time so we could eat when we got home :). I found this simple recipe in an old cooking magazine and it was so yummy! 

Ingredients:
2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 16oz. jar of chunky salsa
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts ( I only used 4)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I forgot to put this on mine, but it was delicious anyway)

Directions:
In slow cooker, combine corn, black beans, and 1/2 cup of salsa. Top with chicken; pour the remaining salsa over the chicken. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until meat juices run clear. Sprinkle cheese, cover until cheese is melted. 

I fixed cornbread and we ate chips and salsa with this meal. It would also be good with rice!! Let me know what you think :)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment