background

Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Crunchy, Chicken and Cheese Bake!





This is before the bread crumbs were added and before it went in the oven!


This is when it came out of the oven! 

I saw this recipe in a cookbook that my mom gave me. It sounded simple and delicious, so of course I was all over that!! The recipe I used called for 8 chicken breasts, but we only needed 2 (duh). The recipe said to serve over rice, so I decided to still use the can of soup instead of half so we would have enough gravy for our rice. 




2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (or more, the recipe called for 8)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
Sliced tomato
American Cheese Slice (1 per chicken breast)
Cooked rice
1/2 cup Italian Salad Dressing (the recipe didn't call for this, but I thought it would add to it and it did :) )
1/3 cup of bread crumbs


Place chicken in baking dish.
Put cheese on chicken
Mix cream of chicken soup and Italian Salad Dressing, pour mixture over chicken and cheese.
Put sliced tomatoes on chicken (my husband is not a fan of tomatoes, so I left those off of his half)
Cover with bread crumbs


Bake @ 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes (until chicken is done)


Enjoy!! 


Let me know what you think! 

1 comment:

  1. This one sounds yummy. I look forward to looking at your blog and see whats cooking in the McWhorter household. :)

    ReplyDelete