background

Pages

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Baby Shower

There are always a lot of things that get me excited about having this precious baby boy, but today was different. Today we helped host a baby shower for a couple at our church who will be welcoming in a baby girl in October (she is three weeks ahead of me). At this shower today, the mom-to-be received a TON of pink gifts(which is totally expected), but for some reason it made me even more excited about having a little boy. Now don't get me wrong, I do want a little girl someday, but it's almost like while she was opening all of her pink gifts, God spoke to me and said, "Someday you will have all the pink to open too, but Levi is yours for a reason, so enjoy the blue and take care of him for me." I just kind of froze for a moment, and thanked God for this baby boy, as I have many times before, but this time it was different. I know God is trusting Stewart and I with Levi for a reason, and we will know why one day, but right now it's just neat to imagine what that reason might be. So little Levi, we don't even know you yet, but we're thankful for you. :)

4 comments:

  1. I remember feeling that way about Eli too. I think it's the normal for girls to want girls: someone to put dresses on and bows in hair. Now that Eli's hair, I couldn't imagine things any other way. I love having balls and trucks all over the place! The world needs more good, christian men who will pursue God like no other and be noble husbands and fathers - I pray earnestly that Eli will be this type of man one day...and Levi too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get me wrong though...haha...I would like to have a little girl one day too! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Girls!!! Abigail will need a boy to marry!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm very excited about my little girl.

    ReplyDelete