background

Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Southwest chicken wraps


Today was SUUUPER busy! What the heck am I talking about? Every day is a busy day with a four month old. Today, however, was even more so than normal; haircut, work, deliveries, taking care of Levi. Because of all of this craziness, dinner was sort of a last minute, I need something quick kinda meal. I found this recipe on pinterest, and had it on my calendar to have this last Friday, but we ended up going out of town J.

When I read the recipe here, I thought I’d put my own spin on it. (That means it’s easier and less ingredients!)
So here goes:

Ingredients:

6 Large Tortillas
1 can of black beans
1 package of Knorr Taco Rice
1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 sliced green bell pepper
1/2 cup or sour cream
1 large chicken breast
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic salt

Season chicken breast with chili powder and garlic salt. While chicken is cooking, follow directions on Knorr rice. When chicken is no longer pink, cut into bite size pieces. Place chicken in a mixing bowl with drained and rinsed black beans. Put everything except Tortillas, cheese and sourcream (you only need one cup of the rice) in bowl. Mix well. Spread sourcream on tortilla and sprinkle cheese. Place the chicken and rice mixture in the center of tortilla. Fold tortilla so there are no open ends. Spray a frying pan with no-stick cooking spray and brown the toritilla on each side. Serve with leftover rice.

This dinner was a hit with my hubby and I hope that your family will like it, too! J

No comments:

Post a Comment